About Me

My photo

Kissing frogs, living through it, and writing to tell about it.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Date That Wasn't

I met Erik on POF a few weeks ago. We sent a few online messages before switching over to texting. The conversation flowed well, and after several days of texting (and one phone call), we decided to meet in person. As we live an hour apart, we made plans to meet at the National Harbor (which is in between us, but closer to me) at noon.

On the morning of the date, I texted him and asked if we were still meeting, as there hadn't been much discussion about it the night before. He responded, "Yep". Cool beans. I texted him at 11:40 saying I was on my way. I arrived at exactly noon, got my parking stub, and parked. I texted him and asked if he was there yet, and I never heard from him again. I waited 55 minutes, then rolled out and treated myself to lunch at Red Robin. I was the perfect date ;)

As for Erik, I never contacted him for an explanation. I deserve one, but I'm not begging for it. One thing I've learned recently from my foray into online dating is that I respect myself to much to waste any more of my time on guys who don't deserve it. I used to be that girl who gave a less-than-worthy guy chance after chance, and I'm not that girl anymore. You want to be an ass? Cool. But leave me out of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment