About Me

My photo

Kissing frogs, living through it, and writing to tell about it.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What is That in Your Profile Picture?

There are a lot of guys online who posts pictures of their car or motorcycle (or, in some cases, their lawnmower). Not themselves IN their car, or ON their motorcycle... just the vehicle itself. Why is that? Posting a picture of your mode of transportation does not make me want to date you. While it's great that you are posting proof that you have a way of getting from point A to point B, I just don't see the connection between dating and vehicles. I LOVE my car... and my new laptop, my cat, and my favorite book... but I don't put pictures of them on my dating profile.

And while I'm on the subject, what is with all of the pictures people take of themselves, riding in their cars? Or, for that matter, standing at the bathroom sink? Why not post pictures that show you doing something fun, or with people, or a genuine shot of you laughing at something? Why post the same, generic, old, flat, pose that everyone else is doing? You want to stand out in a crowd? Do something different from everyone else. It's that simple.

And another thing... if you are a guy, why are you posting pictures of girls hanging all over you, sitting in your lap, or looking at you with "come-hither, sex eyes"? If you want women to believe you are available, genuine, and not a player, try photo-shopping some of your pics. Same thing goes to the ladies with their goodies hanging out, dancing up on guys at the bar... You don't want to come across as a skanky bar-ho? Put some clothes on and have someone take a picture of you at the park :) (I mean that in the sincerest way possible). Also, ladies AND gents... set down the beer bottle down... nothing says, "I'm only here for a good time" like a plastic cup full of beer or martini on your hand.

Well... I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant- I guess that's what happens when I blog when I'm tired! But, as I've said before, the profile is the biggest selling feature, and sets the tone for how someone presents him/herself. And I think it should be important to edit or include pictures accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I have to admit I have both a picture of myself in my car and one of me in the bathroom mirror oh yeah I also have one of me holding a huge boot mug full of beer like the one in beer fest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T STAND people who take pictures of themselves in the bathroom mirror... WHY??? do they do it???
    Charity :)

    ReplyDelete